Aims & Objectives
THE GONE FOREVER BEREAVEMENT TRUST
Charity Number – 1080764
The Trust began as The Gone Forever Project and this name is still recognised by many people.
The Gone Forever Project seeks to promote an open approach to the understanding of the issues which surround loss and bereavement within the child's, or young person's, environment.
THE TRUST’S AIMS:
To help children and young people understand and develop a healthy response to loss and bereavement.
To enable adults, who deal with children and young people, of whatever faith, ability or cultural background, to understand and develop a healthy response to loss and bereavement.
- To empower helping adults with the confidence to become involved with, and offer appropriate support to, children and young people who are suffering loss and bereavement rather than to turn away.
- To prevent children and young people from growing up with unresolved grief and becoming vulnerable adults.
- To raise awareness of the need to understand that children and young people need support at times of loss and bereavement.
- To raise awareness and understanding that loss and bereavement suffered by children and young people may be significant in respect of incidents which may seem trivial to others.
- To learn from children’s and young person’s grieving of their needs and varied responses.
Charity No. 1080764
(This is a none grant making charity)